Lavender Zucchini Cookies
It is amazing how much moisture these things hold; I thought I might be under-cooking them..
Of course it a great way to use your overflowing zucchini, but mostly it was about the oats for me. I tried to be an oatmeal person for a while, but it just did not work out so well, hence leftovers..
They come out not very sweet, so the lavender is a nice strange addition!
I can’t wait to dunk these pretties in coffee!
- 2 cups of flour (wheat and white divided)
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and shredded (about 2 normal sized ones)
- 4 cups of oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin seasoning (or cinnamon and nutmeg would work- that’s just what I had)
- 3/4 cup applesauce (two small single serve containers)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla abstract
- 1/2 cup fresh lavender leaves
Mix the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin seasoning. In another bowl, mix the sugar, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla. Then add the zucchini and then slowly mix in the flour mix. Then add the oats and fold in the lavender. Put a spoonful on a greased baking sheet and bake for 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen. Store in the fridge!
Taken from this Two Peas and their Pod recipe.
They are not very sweet, but that’s how I like them. You can add more sugar if you want them to be sweeter.
I’m just not into sweet things..